|Maple Caramel Nut Cake||
Recipe Type: Dessert
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup of lukewarm water
- 3 cups of pastry flour
- 1 cup of chopped English walnuts
- whites of four eggs
- 2 rounded teaspoons of baking powder
- Beat the butter to a cream and gradually add the sugar, beating well.
- To this, slowly pour in the water, then sift in the flour, a little at a time, beating well, reserving half a cup of flour to mix with the nuts, which should now mix into the butter.
- Beat the whites of the eggs to a stiff froth and add the last thing with the baking powder.
- Grease well a long, shallow pan or line with greased paper, pour in the batter and bake in a moderate oven for 30 minutes or until done. Much depends on the depth and size of the pan. Cover with maple caramel and English walnuts.
- When ready to serve, cut into squares, a nut in the center of each square.