Recipe Type: Appetizer
- 1/4 cup of horseradish
- 1 teaspoonful of vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoonful of salt
- 1/4 teaspoonful of paprika
- Pinch of celery salt
- 1/4 cup oleo [margarine]
- Smoked herring
- Grate horseradish and add vinegar, salt, paprika and celery salt.
- Mix well and gradually blend with a quarter of a cupful of oleo.
- Use this mixture to spread the uncooked side of oblongs of bread that have been sauteed on one side in a little hot dripping.
- Lay thin strips of smoked herring diagonally across the canapes and garnish with parsley.