Vacations not necessary now
Just follow Professor Thorndike’s rules and you will be all right
Prof Edward L Thorndike, head of the department of psychology at Columbia University, has prepared these ten rules which he says will enable anyone to get along without vacations:
- Sleep all that is possible.
- Get rid of all physical ills.
- When interest flags, find a new one.
- Always keep on hand a supply of motives or desires.
- Never learn by a roundabout method what can be learned directly.
- Never allow the mind to dwell on a subject that may not be useful.
- Waste no effort.
- Never worry.
- Never become excited unnecessarily.
- Think out what should he done and then do it without talking about it.
At top: Postcard of Revere Beach in Massachusetts (1912)