|Lamb chops a la Reine (1900)||
Recipe Type: Meat recipes
- 12 lamb chops trimmed very small
- 1 can mushrooms
- 2 onions
- juice of 1 lime
- 4 green peppers
- 2 stalks of celery
- 2 tablesppons flour
- 6 ounces butter
- 2 eggs
- Cayenne pepper
- cracker crumbs
- Fry the chops lightly in the butter, remove the chops, put in the seasoning — onions, celery, peppers — all well-chopped — and cook until soft.
- Add the mushrooms and truffle if you have them (chopped).
- Mix in the flour until quite stiff, then add milk, stirring and cooking slowly until like cream.
- Take a teaspoon of this on a plate dusted with cracker crumbs, add a chop with a teaspoonful on top, set one side until quite cold, mold into shape.
- Dip into beaten egg, then into cracker crumbs and fry a light brown.