Classic wedding dress inspiration
Planning a wedding? Get ideas for your wedding gown here by checking out this collection of drawings of antique bridal gowns here from the first decade of the 1900s, taken from various American newspapers of the era around the turn of the century.
1. Wedding dress for the bride (1907)
2. Floral wedding gown (1907)
3. Brides: What wedding fashions are to be (1901)
4. For the spring bride (1904)
Wedding gowns are no longer stately and stuff, as stains have given place to soft, filmy materials. Mousseline de Soie with leaves of white lace and orange blossoms of pearls now form the smartest bridal attire. Wedding veils will hereafter be looped with orange blossoms, and white and green are the spring colors.
5. The bride and her attendants (1901)
6. The flowing bridal gown (1904)
7. Wedding dress with multiple sleeves and flower detailing (1907)
8. The bride in her dress, featuring puffed sleeves (1905)
9. The June bride of 1907
10. The June Bride (1906)
By Mrs Osborn, Creator of fashions for the fashionable woman of America
11. Detailed wedding gown (1903)
12. The bride and her bridesmaid (1901)