How Yule Dollies are made
|Yule Dolly cookies (1904)||
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 well-beaten eggs
- 1 tablespoonful rich cream or milk
- 1 teaspoonful of vanilla
- 3 cups of flour (sifted)
- 2 teaspoonfuls of baking powder
- Cream together one half cup of butter, one cup of sugar, add gradually two well-beaten eggs, one tablespoonful of rich cream or milk, one teaspoonful of vanilla and three cups of flour with which has been sifted two teaspoonfuls of baking powder.
- Stand for an hour in a very cold place.
- Have ready a tin cutter in the shape of a doll about five inches long. Take a portion of the dough out on the board at one time roll out one-half inch thick and cut into dolls.
- Brush each over with milk and dredge lightly with powdered sugar. Use currants for eyes.
- Bake in greased pans in a moderate oven.
- When cold, decorate the skirt of each doll with ruffles of frosting.
- Wrap separately in sheets of waxed paper.
In packing, place the doll in a long shallow box. Pack firmly with tissue paper, and before closing the box, add a sprig of holly, tying the box with red ribbon.
You might also like...
Publication: The Citizen - Berea, Kentucky
Publication date: 17 November 1904