|Chocolate popcorn balls recipe (1910)||
- 1-1/2 cups of sugar
- 1/3 cup of glucose
- 2/3 cup of water
- 1/3 cup of molasses
- 3 tablespoonfuls of butter
- 3 squares of chocolate
- 1 teaspoonful of vanilla extract
- 4 quarts of popped corn, well-salted
- Set the sugar, water and glucose over the fire, stir until the sugar is melted.
- Then, after wiping down the sides of the saucepan to the edge of the mixture, let It boil three or four minutes, with a cover on.
- Remove the cover and let cook without stirring until it will harden in water.
- Add the molasses and butter and stir constantly until brittle in water.
- Remove from the fire, and when it has ceased bubbling, add the chocolate, which has been melted, and the vanilla.
- Stir until the chocolate is thoroughly mixed, and then pour onto the popcorn and roll into small balls. (The corn should be slightly warm.)
You might also like...
Publication: Arizona Republican
Publication date: December 19, 1910
Original title: Holiday Hints for the House Keeper